First Time on An ATV?
So you’re coming to Palm Springs to ride ATV’s at Steve’s ATV Rentals. Here is what you need to know and what to expect.
Ocotillo Wells State Vehicle Recreation area is an 85,000-acre state park filled with wonderful trails and washes for you to explore. Our rentals are staged at our rental office waiting for riders. Once you get your rental, you will ride 8-10 mins right from our staging area along a trail to the riding areal. There is no guided tour, so you are free to explore the desert area during your rental time. We will supply you with a map and show you how to navigate the open desert to get to our recommended points of interest. The trails are simple and easy to follow.
As you arrive at our location, come on in. Just step up to the counter to get the fun started. We will go through the paperwork and make sure everyone has checked in. We check ids and parents waivers for any younger riders. At this time we will show the trails to the points of interest based on your riding time. If you are going longer than 4 hours, you are free to explore the whole park.
Getting Your Rentals
After the paperwork is complete, a 13min safety video will be shown. This video is on what to be aware of in the desert. When the video is complete, customers will be fitted for a helmet and head out to the rental staging area for vehicle instruction. All customers are required to show that they understand the instructions and can control their rental vehicles. After you show us you know your rental, you are ready for your adventure.
What to Bring
- All Riders and Passengers 18 and over are required to bring a valid Drivers License or ID with them.
- Drivers with suspended or revoked licenses are not allowed to drive. This riding area is considered a state highway, and all rules apply.
- Please bring the credit card that was used to make the reservation.
- Please bring any discount cards (i.e., Military, First Responder)
- All Riders under 18 must have written consent from a parent or legal guardian if that parent/guardian is not present.
- Closed-toe shoes are required.
- Bring a jacket or sweatshirt. Winds can come up suddenly.
- A bottle of Water – We are in the middle of the desert.
- A bandana to cover your face.
- Sunscreen – Again, we are in the desert.
- Fully charge cell phone. You might need to contact us.
- Backpacks are a great way to carry items while on your adventure.