First Time on An ATV?
So you’re coming to Oregon Dunes to Ride ATV’s at Steve’s ATV Rentals. Here is what you need to know and what to expect.
Oregon Dunes State Vehicle Recreation Area (Spinreel to Hauser) is the largest riding area of the Oregon Dunes. This 40 mile stretch of beach has 12,000+ acres of dune access for riding. Once you get your rental, you ride from our rental office on the trail 2 to 3 minutes to the dune entrance. Once at the access to dunes, you can turn left and play in the dunes right away or continue forward on the trail through another section of dunes to the beach. The trip to the beach is close to a 20-30 min ride one way. There is no guided tour, so you are free to explore both areas during your rental time.
As you arrive at our location, come on in. Just step up to the counter to get the fun started. We will go through the paperwork and make sure everyone has checked in. We check ids and parents waivers for any younger riders.
Getting Your Rentals
After the paperwork is complete, a 13min safety video will be shown. This video is on what to be aware of in the dunes and on the beach. When the video is complete, customers will be fitted for a helmet and then head out to the rental staging area for vehicle instruction. All customers are required to show that they understand the instructions and can control their rental vehicles. After you show us you know your rental, you are ready for your adventure.
What to Bring
- All Riders and Passengers 18 and over are required to bring a valid Drivers License or ID with them.
- Drivers with suspended or revoked licenses are not allowed to drive. This beach is considered a state highway, and all rules apply.
- Please bring the credit card that was used to make the reservation.
- Please bring any discount cards (i.e., Military, First Responder)
- All Riders under 18 must have written consent from a parent or legal guardian if that parent/guardian is not present.
- Closed-toe shoes are required.
- Bring a jacket or sweatshirt. Winds can come up suddenly.
- Fully charge cell phone. You might need to contact us.
- Backpacks are a great way to carry items while on your adventure.